In whichever field you are, going to a conference is a great way to boost your knowledge. Every day, there is at least one conference happening in a region, so if you want to attend one, you need to be on the lookout so that you do not miss one that is best suited for you. You need to understand the different kinds of conferences.
- Annual General Meetings: These conferences are held annually by organisations. The mandate is for the managers and Board of Directors to update stakeholders on the progress the company is making, some details such as profits and losses, and some of the recommended changes they have for the company.
- Workshops: Workshops are informal sessions where people discuss and share ideas about a specific topic. They always have a certain theme that is discussed and in most cases, the participants also come up with recommendations.
- Seminars: Seminars are almost similar to workshops, but the difference is that while workshops are mostly informal, seminars are mostly for educational purposes. An example of a seminar would be one where game developers get together to showcase their newest casino games and try to find ways to make them attractive to gamers. They can add other details like bonuses for this game and new technologies and offers in the online casino business.
- Concaves: A concave is a kind of conference that is deeply secretive and the content that is discussed is expected to stay within the confines of the room. Concave meetings are always among people who know each other or have a common duty/mission.
- Press Conferences: This is used mostly in the news circles to mean a meeting that is called by news sources to journalists. Press conferences are mainly to give new information or clarify a subject that has been in the news.